Thursday 31 July 2008

ROCKY 6 SHOWS US WHAT IT REALLY TAKES!

The fight Goes On Till 60 Plus

Rocky 6 proves that the last thing to age is his heart and that he can make one heck of a film that touches the soul and hes' got a few wise words to say!

Rocky is like 60 and my word he can still do chin ups, come on I’m in my 20’s and I’m reasonably fit but I struggle to even do 5. Anyway Rocky is older and wiser, his love Adrian (wife) has past away from cancer and his son is ashamed of him and Rocky is deciding to go back in the boxing ring and fight.

As I mention before Rocky's son in the movie feels that his dad is a shadow and is embarrass of him, shame on him I say, I wanted to give him a mouthful if I could. But Rocky does such a good job of it later in the movie. It’s one of the best scenes ever.
Rocky quite simple states exactly what we all need to hear at times, that we need to stop blaming other people or the world; if we don't like the circumstances that we in or the people that we have become,then we need to have a good look at our selves. But not blame people as Rocky says cowards simply do that, they blame things on others and take no responsibility for their own future!

Rocky 6 also touches on identity , self worth and finding your place in this life, after all if you think about our culture today its very much targeted to the youths or young adults, but what about the older lot, the 60 + are we to brush them aside as they have no worth anymore, as Rocky states the last thing the age is the heart….and I love this!




The movie also spoke to me on the matter of lost. Sometimes when we loose someone very close to us we can loose or forget our identity , however knowing who you are is key to living this life well, knowing who you are is a different topic, I will talk about it in a different chapter of my blog. But from my point of view it has to do with purpose and where you base your own philosophy on life on.

Anyway Rocky 6 also touches on letting go of the past and moving on, after all in this life, it really is about moving on, that’s how winning is done, we will all take a few heavy punches that can knock us down to our knees in this life, but its getting back up on our feet, and continuing to push forward as that determines Character as Rocky says that how "winning is done".

Get the movie if you can its one of the best inspirational films ever it will relate to young and old, plus the last fight scenes really good too, very gritty and full of tension. There also good extra features on the DVD's on how the film was made, and very insightful commentary by Mr Stallone himself, my word for a 60 year old what a 6 pack!



No comments: